Hmm, new post. what to say? I already forgot what I thought of a second ago.
Work = insane. it's been busy lately, and it is really frustrating in a lot of ways. Frequent flyer patients, people coming in not only for something that doesn't need to be checked in the ER but even at all (like a scratch/bruise, mosquito bites, sunburns), too many temporary staff members you have to spend half your time helping, and a director who keeps changing things with no notice, warning, or instruction and who refuses to listen to any suggestions from the staff about scheduling. I was really frustrated the other day, but a little girl who we saw for a head injury was really grateful and sweet and gave me a hug so that made the day a little better. and I got a lunch break that I didn't expect to get so also improved the day with a blizzard from DQ. mmmmm.
Other developments at work, I am getting more fluent in my comprehension of drunk. "sdnjj ansd nsdadiou kdks dkdkkdk werbh weboiq kdkd hshk kdks" -"you fell at a bar onto the speaker equipment from the band and cut your finger?" "Yep"
Also, the other day I was watching a Tim Conway movie and was getting annoyed with the antics thinking "no one is that stupid". then I had a flashback to an adult patient who couldn't figure out how to put her jacket on. toddlers can dress themselves better than that woman was doing. I realized, yes, people are that stupid, but I can't stand them, so that must be why I don't like slapstick type comedy.
On other fronts, I am still addicted to filling the game closet. I hadn't bought a new game in awhile, which probably translates to like a month or two. I really have no sense of time. Now there are more on the way, and more on the list. how interesting any of them are is of course questionable. so far there is only one that I haven't been able to really figure out, so is no fun. So 1 out of 115ish isn't bad, I can live with that. 1 dud to 100 of moderate to intense awesomeness. I've decided fluxx is my favorite card game, and top board game contenders are castle panic, dungeon lords, pandemic, and pirates cove. though I still love Life, sorry, scrabble, and rumikub.
I am also still adding to the Dutch movie/book collection. It is helping my comprehension. I've read Percy Jackson and The Olympians book 1 in dutch, as well as Angels and Demons. The other Percy Jackson books are in the mail now. I am to Mosiah in the book of Mormon. My vocabulary has increased but I still can't put it together on my own. But the reading is definitely improving. Pretty cool.
The garden never made it in, but the weeds appreciated my turning the water on. I had to mow them a few days ago. maybe next year.
Fritz has no news to report. I think he wishes we had more grape vines, he loves to run behind them and disappear, then come jumping out and rush back in. He enjoyed playing at the lake with the family and also going to Roberts farewell. He thinks we need more family parties. I concur.
The goal of this summer was, learn to kayak. I have had one class with 2 more scheduled this week and then 3 more after that. I enjoy it and it is my third spending obsession. I've decided I get to be the single, slightly eccentric and extravagant one. As long as the savings account keeps getting bigger too, I'm cool with it.
and to those who get after me for not blogging, I would like to point out that Veralyn is at least 5 months behind on hers and she has a kid she could be updating you about. Perhaps the attention would be more deserved there :)
2 comments:
I am happy that you blog! I really enjoy the hospital stories-it counts for my stand up comedian laughing!
Yeah for being slightly eccentric and extravagant, hehehe :)
Post a Comment