A little photo from thanksgiving. We all piled in the back seat of the van, partly to be goofy and partly because Patrick was so warm.So, nothing much has happened in the last couple of weeks. I haven't had to work, and I got sick. Part of the not working would be related to the getting sick. I'm glad the patient census is low so I didn't get told - "tough cookies, you have to work even if you're dying." When it's busy they don't really care if you feel well or not. I did go to the movies for free the other day because I worked in a different department than my own and they gave me movie tickets. I actually used ones from awhile ago because I rarely go to the movies. I prefer to go with a friend but somehow I get turned down for that a lot. I have 5 free passes now. I saw that vampire flick, oh what's it called.............................f?something?.........t?......ah, Twilight. That's it. I had to look it up. It was okay. I read the book afterwards. Also okay. I preferred the movie. I'm a little curious to read the other books, but not enough to pay for them. I'm sure I know someone I could borrow them from. I want to throw my copy of twilight away now. I'm never going to read it again. And it's got the creepy movie star cover on it. I hate it when movies come out and they change the book covers. I always think the actor covers are slightly creepy. I actually chuckled while reading a few times. I found the vampire humorous. I found the girl extremely obsessed and it disgusted me, which is why I wouldn't read it again.
I'm watching "I want a dog for Christmas Charlie Brown" and thought it funny when Lucy said "having an older sister is like having a compass to guide you through life." I thought, great insight Lucy. Then Linus said "Older sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life". I suppose my sisters can decide if I'm a compass or crabgrass.
2 comments:
Peyton read twilight to me since she really likes them, if you lived closer we would loan them to you. Personally the books disgust me. I can't stand Bella or really even Edward(pretty sad when the main characters are the worst). She got halfway through the second book (new Moon) and I had to tell her to stop, it was just too much. As for the movie I went with all of my in-laws over Thanksgiving break and couldn't stop laughing. I suppose it is better than the books and not a terrible movie but in my opinion not any good either. My favorite characters where James (tries to kill Bella), Rozalle (Hates Bella), Laurent (That is a well dressed Vampire), and Alice(Any chick that gets that into ripping a head off of a vampire is cool in my book-she is also the (only?) cool character in the books. I hate Robert Patterson, he was ugly, looked like he had digestive issues, and when I saw him on Jay Leno got the impression his former job was a bum. The type that sit drunk and filthy on the side of the road.
That is not to say the books and movie don't have some merit, they just have very little and nothing worth the hype that surronds them.
He he he...that van ride home was a lot of fun. It makes me laugh. Even though the van is big enough to spread out, you have to all cram together once in a while just for fun...especially when you are cold!
Post a Comment