Friday, November 21, 2008

so are you free...right now?

Wednesday night I got off of work just after 6 o'clock which gave me the chance to go to see Carrie Underwood in concert in Salt Lake. I'd been wanting to go but didn't think I'd get off work in time. So after I left work I tried to find a friend to go with me. Who wants to go to a concert on their own? I called up Joy and was disappointed when she said she was on call, but she called in to work and found out she wasn't needed and was free to come with me! Joe was a sport and let her join in my last minute plan. After all, he was expecting her to be gone anyway. So Joy came over and we drove up in hopes that we could get tickets at the door. And considering my directionally challenged-ness, that we could find the place in time. We actually got there without any trouble (although it wasn't the route I looked up - thank goodness for the grid system), found parking without trouble, and were able to get tickets. Little Big Town was the opening band, who I also like. We were in the front row on the left side of the stage. There was some equipment that was in the way a little and a pillar of cords, but really we had a pretty good view and I enjoyed being able to see. Neither of us remembered to bring a camera, so the only photos I have are from Joy's phone.
I think it was a really good concert and I'm glad Joy and I got our girls night that we'd been talking about but have never planned. Technically, we've still never planned one. You've gotta love impromptu plans.

No comments: