Even if you don't like country music you are bound to know the song "crazy" by Patsy Cline. It was going through my head all day Friday at work - really only for that one word, crazy. Because that is what my patient was. I knew I was in for it when I got report - especially the end where he said "they both like female nurses". uh oh. two old men who've been causing trouble all night and like female nurses. I could predict what the day was going to be like. One of them wasn't so bad and other than a few dirty comments it went okay there. The other one was like taking care of someone with a six-year-olds listening skills but the vocabulary of a dirty old man. That one went pretty much exactly as I predicted. He kept trying to hold my hand, and would kiss it on occasion. Kind of made me want to smack him, but don't worry, I controlled myself. I hate being touched. His inappropriate comments were more than I could tolerate sometimes. He didn't seem to have that much of a preference for female nurses, because he said a lot of the same things to the men who came in. He just didn't suggest they marry his son. Me and our male telemetry tech were changing his bed and the sheet got caught under him and as I was pulling it out he said "oh ya, I like this rough stuff" and I was thinking "oh man, this needs to be over right now." I didn't know that the tele tech was thinking the same thing because as he was saying that he started to tickle him. I was so glad when the day ended and so glad I didn't have them put me on the schedule for the next day.
Home for Christmas was pretty great. Playing cards with Grandma before she left for Colorado. Pool with Robert. Sledding with my family. Out to dinner, in at dinner. Games and family. Overall it was pretty chill, which I like. It made it hard to leave and go back and have responsibility again. It was nice to have that week break. The funniest that happened was probably at the Bunns sitting with Kyle, Aunt Linda, Veralyn, and Kristina. Kristina said that the other day they were driving and saw a sign that said singles activity 31+ (now she's in 4th or 5th grade I can't remember now). Then she said "and I thought, do people really stay single that long?" She thought everybody got married way before they got that old. She really was quite shocked. Kyle was just busting up laughing, and mostly because I was standing there. She's been known to say that I'm old and can't believe I'm still single.
We greeted the new year with a toast at midnight as always. Is anyone else extremely dissapointed when the ball drops? shouldn't something big happen when it hits the bottom? I find it rather dull and anticlimactic.
No comments:
Post a Comment