Monday, January 5, 2009

snow angels

I finally get home from work after 9, and my only thought had to do with the fluffy snow that had been falling most of the day. (there should have been a second thought, which you will be able to identify soon). I wanted to make a snow angel. Tip number one: scrub pants are not made for lying in snow. They get wet faster than anything. Tip number two: when leaving the car to lay in the snow it might be wise to bring the keys. I got out, thinking I would leave my things in the car and make sure not to lock the door (obviously the wrong thought). I get out, flop in the fluffy snow and crunch in the harder layer underneath it, make a nice angel, and go to the passenger door. Oops. Locked. So I discovered yes, for the second time I can recall I locked my keys in the car. This time I had a spare hide-a-key. Thanks dad. I had to use it once when I locked myself out of the house while I waited for someone to come with a spare, and it was much easier to get off then. I was beginning to think it had frozen. I was laying in the snow trying to get the thing loose and of course a neighbor comes along right about then wondering why I'm laying in the snow by my car. Never having seen one of my neighbors before of course I would right then. Oh well.
so, to sum up. If you're going to hop out of your car to play in the snow, thinking "take the keys with you" is better than "don't lock the door" , and wear warm pants - especially if you don't take the keys.

No comments: