Before heading home for the pre-Halloween party and pumpkin carving, I decide to take the giant dummy I made out of wood rods, old carpet and blanket pieces from a thrift store, and a whole lot o duct tape home so he could finally meet his full potential and become a Halloween decoration. He's the size of a person, although poorly proportioned in some places. I toss him in the back where he fit well with the seats down and threw a blanket over him. You could tell a faint body outline, but overall it didn't look quite as suspicious that way. I proceeded on my journey and forgot about my passenger until I stopped at McDonald's when I got to Ontario. I pull up to the window and catch the girl saying something about a body in the back, but I at first thought she was referring to the car in front of me, or perhaps some decoration of theirs. When I finally looked around I remained confused as I saw no decorations, until finally realizing she meant my car. I then remembered "Fred" was lying in the back. When she came back to the window this time she asked, nervously, "um, is there, a body , in the back of your car?" I turned and told her, "yes, but he's not a very lively passenger", and lifted the blanket. she asked what I had something like that for, and I thought with Halloween coming up that it should be pretty obvious what a large dummy could be for. I chuckled to myself as she left again. Then, I noticed a second girl peering around the corner to take a look. She found some excuse to come to the cash register, and I threw the blanket back for the second time. She also asked what it was for, and then commented it looked like a mummy. I decided they must have appreciated Fred at least a little though, because they threw in a fry and and two extra sauces for the nuggets.
Right now Fred is sitting in a chair in the living room, rather nonchalant looking really. Mom says she keeps thinking someone is really there. I got a little startled by him too at first, and I'm the one who sat him there. Guess it's a credit to his manufacturing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment