So I'm all moved in at Grandma's and I really think she has her own time machine. The first thing was no biggy, but grandma's remote quit working and she couldn't stand not being able to change the channel. She decided it wasn't worth watching tv if you couldn't do it from your recliner. So when I went to walmart for a heater I grabbed her a universal remote and programmed it to run her converter box, tv, and vcr/dvd player. It was nice to trade out her three remotes for one. so there was a brief set back to the days you actually had to get up and change the channel yourself, and then it was back to normal.
Then the water froze. It was only off one day before Clint came down and got it going again. The only problem, the hot water in the bathrooms didn't come back on. I think that was on Monday and there still isn't hot water there. Last night I filled two pots with hot water, heated them on the stove for awhile to make sure it'd stay warm enough (I had plenty of cold water I could add after all), and I took my pots downstairs and "prairied it" (little house on the prairie, that is). I could have just gone up to Kohlers and used theirs, but heating water on the stove sounded more fun, at least once.
I know some of the more experienced :) followers of this little blog will cry out, saying that's what they used to do and I'm making them sound old or something. Don't think of it that way. It's not my fault indoor plumbing took off so quickly. And really, because of the humble beginning stories I'm so used to, I wasn't too proud to "prairie it" :) Consider it a sign I done been raised right. so if all these 2012 prediction people are right and we lose electricity and plumbing and whatever else, I'll probably still be okay. Heck, I might even enjoy myself.
1 comment:
You're a silly goose. Way to "prairie the water" :)
Post a Comment