Fritz likes to get his fluffy bum in the mud way too much. Yesterday he got a bath, and he looked quite handsome again. Today, grandma let him off his leash (remember his runaway problem to visit Emily - Kohlers pit-bull)so he could play with Romeo. Well, Romeo still does not like to play with Fritz, and I'm sure Fritz did not find his anti social tendencies very entertaining. He ran right up to visit Emily, and some sort of ditch or muddy water was involved. When Kristina brought him back you'd hardly know he actually has gray fur in there somewhere. He was all black and brown. I want it to stay warmer soon so I won't mind giving him a haircut - that fur is not easy to clean. He still doesn't like baths. He looks so sad when he's getting one. He perks up quickly though.
Yesterday was also the first day Fritz and Romeo spent much time together outside. I was giving Fritz treats for promptly returning the ball while playing fetch, and Romeo started getting quite jealous. He started chasing after the ball also - which he had no chance of returning since it was bigger than his head. I'd give him treats for the effort - which made Fritz quite jealous. It's the only time I've seen Fritz give Romeo a back off posture. Usually he lets Romeo snap at and chase him. In fact, he seems to encourage Romeo to chase him, and taunts him into it often. I think secretly he laughs at the little dog who wants to chase him off. After simple fetch we went to fetch and go seek, but Romeo gave my position away a lot. After running around the house myself so much, I needed a break and took a seat in the grass. Fritz came over and sat between my legs for a little love, and here comes Romeo, over to get his share. Well, Fritz didn't like that, and started chasing Romeo off. Soon the boys were fighting over me. Eventually, I think they got it figured out that I was Fritz's person - and watching Romeo today, he seems to have decided that grandma is most definitely his person. Romeo still tried to get a little attention, which Fritz accepted - as long as he got more of it. Overall, he really is quite friendly and sharing with other dogs. I am just fine with his not wanting to share me with Romeo. He's also not willing to share my attention with Emily. It's nice to be someones MVP
2 comments:
hehe, you had boys fighting over you :D
Sound like some fun drama in the doggy kingdom. How fun...watch out you're making me want a dog myself-I lean more towards the Fritz side then Romeo myself.
Post a Comment