So I didn't have nearly as many trick-or-treaters and I anticipated, which makes me happy because I get to keep most of the candy.
I had the best experience at work yesterday. It wasn't anything I really did, but I got to be a part of it. We have a kid with Down's syndrome who has been in our ICU for about two months now on a ventilator. We're an adult ICU, and we don't have young patients very often. The poor kid has been so bored and is finally breathing without much assistance from the vent and we've finally been able to remove the restraints. Yesterday we got the grand idea to bring some video games from the pediatric unit. I set the system up (undeniable proof that my years of playing video games was in fact, Not a waste of time) and got my very first smile and a double thumbs up from this kid. It was probably the happiest I've ever seen anyone, definitely the most excited. There were three of us working and we all went in so we could be a part of it and watch the reaction. We all felt pretty much like heroes. It may have been the coolest thing I've gotten to do at work, and all I did was set up an SNES.
3 comments:
Fun. It is always nice to have those little rewards. Did you get to play too? :)
no, I didn't play. If it had been Mariokart rather than streetfighter I'd have been tempted. I'm sure the guys on night shift gave it a go.
Behold the power of nintendo! ...Mom says she is glad that your nintendo playing was not wasted.
Post a Comment