Friday, April 3, 2009

the month in review

As usual things have been generally dull, punctuated with a few interesting highlights.
Highlight number one was going up to Rexburg the beginning of March to visit Veralyn and help her find a wedding dress. While there I also paid a visit to Tiffany and Allison, who were old roommates.


After visiting with Tiffany we also hooked up with Kyle and Kelly and played games at Allison's house for awhile. The next day Veralyn and I went off and managed to find her a dress. Afterwards we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I am definitely a fan.


The other highlight was testing for my next belt level in judo on the 19th. I was promoted from sankyu, which is the first brown bel level, to ikkyu, which is the third and the one before black belt. They felt I demonstrated well enough to skip a level. My next promotion will be black belt. I can't wait until I can finally call myself a blackbelt. This picture is from the test. This was part of the kata demonstration (pre-arranged throws). Dane was acting as my partner and had to take some mean falls for me. I was his partner while he demonstrated the kata so he got to toss me a few times in return. He got the bad end of the deal really. But he was awarded his blackbelt, so he made no complaints at the time.





Along with the highlights comes a low. I hurt my right wrist somehow between judo and work. I had it checked after work on the 23rd and they said they couldn't rule out a fracture, but it may be severe tendonitis or something. They gave me a splint and a get out of work free pass. I got it checked again 8 days later and they said essentially the same thing and told me to take another two weeks off work. So, the plus side is a month off work. The bad side, I can't do anything. I also missed a tournament. I went to California (long beach area)anyway to support a team member and visit a friend who lives in long beach, but had to withdraw from the tournament.
The last week has been a lot of tv, movies, and sleeping.


No comments: