Saturday, April 18, 2009


Welcome to my first Brother-In-Law (affectionately though secretly as he doesn't care for it, hereafter known as BIL.) Dell Jensen was promoted from PFC (no not, private first class. In this case - potential family candidate) to a full fledged family member on April 10th when Veralyn became Mrs. Jensen.
For Dell's relief, perhaps if one of the other of us marries someone who's name already exists in some form in the family he shall inherit the name BIL instead. Until then, at least Ryan thinks I'm clever.
To prevent favoritism, official blog welcome to Peyton, my Sister-in-law of 3 years who joined the family January of 2006. Who would have been blogly...blogilly...? welcomed at that time if I had a blog at that time, and who would have a picture following if I had one of her on my computer (apparently she has steered clear of my digital camera, and I am too lazy to scan pictures from my older camera to my laptop). Lucky for her, there has been no cause to refer to her as SIL, nor shall there be. Dell might be jealous of you, when you finally meet him.
By the way Ryan, I just realized I never added your wedding date to my calendar, and somehow failed to mention the date in my journal. Kindly remind me of your anniversary. Or Perhaps I should direct this remark to Peyton? I have to go and write Veralyn's down before I forget to add them. I have been rather delinquent in adding dates to my calendar, apparently for the last three years. I hope I've kept all the announcements....I wonder if I got all the family announcements?...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We got married on Jan 5 of '06. Have it be known that I take insult on not knowing my anniversary date (although not much since admittedly I forget how old I am all the time and have to do the math when somebody asks).

Heard you caught the bouquet, heard you fought for the bouquet,#insert obnoxious comment here# *childish smirk*. I figure you have heard enough jabs you can insert your favorite or least favorite.

Maybe one of these days I can send you a picture of Peyton and I from our wedding.

Laena said...

actually, other than Aunt Linda and Aunt Colleen when they mentioned something about not letting it go for anything, it wasn't mentioned. I was really kidding, I had changed into my tennis shoe's so I could get a good go at it. So as long as I was acting like it was important, I couldn't let someone else come and steal it. I did very little mingling at the reception to avoid comments, and most everyone had cleared out by the bouquet time.

I knew it was somewhere in the 3-5th range. I appologize for lumping you in with other husbands who can't remember their anniversary, although not a big apology admittedly :)

I'd love one of your awesome temple pictures. I just have lame reception hall pictures in a gym. Never as good.