Monday, October 13, 2008

I looked out the window and what did I see...

WHITE! and it wasn't toilet paper this time (I'm still perturbed by that dorky ward boy I've never met responsible for that). No, this time it was snow. On October 12th, it decided to snow and put a jump start on some of my least favorite activities - like scrapping ice off my windows and brushing snow off my car, inevitably getting it down the sleeves of my jacket somehow. It also includes getting up even earlier so I can scrape said windows and still be ontime to work, and nearly eating pavement when I slip on the ice. Sigh. At least when it starts to stick I'll be able to make snow angels. If I were a skier or were able to snowboard perhaps I'd be excited about this new weather development. It is my personal opinion, however, that fall fell to fast and winter took advantage of the slip.

I went to the New York Rochester Mission reunion on the 3rd, and after everyone left there were about a zillion cookies left over. I ended up leaving with only about a fourth of the zillion, with the intention of taking them to work - knowing they would soon be put to good use as a quick snack when there isn't time to sit. Well, like I said - I took them with the INTENT of taking them to work. Yesterday one of the packages of cookies finally made it to the break room, a little less full than it left the mission president's house, however. The other box, sad to say, never made it. I should have offered to take a box of cookies I didn't like, then maybe they'd have had a chance. All in all I think I ate between 2 and 3 dozen cookies. And then there were the brownies...

1 comment:

Veralyn said...

Wow sis! That's a lot of cookies! You silly goose.
Maybe Fall forgot its parachute, and that is why it fell too fast.