getting flowers
a happy note
a compliment
getting money in the mail
getting mail - YA POSTAL LOVE :)
a phone call out of the blue from a friend you haven't heard from in awhile
a smile - not a wussy -acknowledge we made eye contact smile, but a genuine one.
(particularly great is a cute guy smiling at you. My roommates and I used to comment about how a cute guy smiling at you, holding the door open for you, or saying hi could totally turn your day around. oh, and a really good smelling guy. I'm sure the opposite is true for the men.)
fresh sheets
seeing a friend
a walk in the rain
the sound of the rain
splashing in puddles
eating ice cream out of the carton
a bubble bath
hearing your favorite song
(combine this with eating ice cream in a bubble bath and you've got a pretty sweet life)
family parties
Karinna's Any Way You Want It video :)
Hearing Janice say "I love you and God loves you"
grabbing your favorite blanket, curling up, and watching a favorite movie
Sitting by a fireside
blowing bubbles
comfort foods (for me: ice cream, chocolate, peanut butter, mashed potatoes and meatballs or chicken, taco salad. . . hmm, big macs too.)
Getting a hug
beautiful sunsets
clear starry nights
reminiscing with familyAnd some general great moments in life that I appreciate -
The first snow of December ( Note: December, not October. I'm not a fan of snow in April either. I do think it's wrong not to have a blanket of snow in December though. White Christmas syndrome. Once it's November gentle snow falls will make the list)
The Leaves changing (they have a long way to go yet, hence why the snow is not allowed in the valley - according to me of course)
The first flowers blooming in spring
and finally, when the stars align and the spirit's felt and you have one of those special, "God loves me" feelings.
2 comments:
Beautifully put!!! I would add sitting near or in the temple. And I think I will steal your term, blanket days, I love it. So Leana, this saturday is your golden year b-day, care for a party? What is your day, night like!! I'll provide the place and food, what do you think?
Sure love ya!!!
Jen
Patrick says "Merry Christmas!" We also love your "blanket day" term. Ardella has blanket afternoons after she comes home from school. She hides in there for hours.
Love ya lots,
The fam.
Post a Comment